In a couple of recent blogs we’ve discussed the new NeoGraft hair transplantation system that Dr. Kearney has added to his practice. In case you missed those, NeoGraft uses the follicular unit extraction (FUE) method of hair transplantation. It takes individual hair follicles from the back of the scalp and transplants them one by one into the thinning area. The patient then starts truly regrowing new hair in the area. No creams that don’t work. No strips of hair that look like strips of sod. No questionable science.
The FUE method is the way to go when it comes to getting your hair back. So, why is the NeoGraft method the FUE option that Dr. Kearney added to his practice?
What make NeoGraft the best option?
Dr. Kearney researched many different options before settling on the NeoGraft system. Here are some of the reasons he chose NeoGraft:
- NeoGraft is the first and only FDA-cleared follicular unit harvesting and implantation system.
- NeoGraft delivers automation of the FUE technique, making for consistent harvesting and placement.
- Pneumatic controls precisely extract complete individual hair follicles that are ready for immediate transplantation.
- NeoGraft automates the system so that the harvested follicles are stored in the handpiece and are not touched by Dr. Kearney. This makes for more successful transplant rates.
- The transplant process is also automated. First the site is created to the same specifications for each hair. Then the handpiece places the follicle.
- The NeoGraft system is the least invasive procedure available for FUE.
- The “take” rate for NeoGraft transplanted follicles is about 90%, far higher than with manual methods.
- Because there is more consistency in the process, NeoGraft creates a very natural looking hairline that blends in with the rest of your hair.
OK, I’m sold. Now how long will I wait to see hair growth?
After Dr. Kearney places your harvested follicles in your thinning areas, you will have some redness and some tenderness, but this passes surprisingly quickly. What can be disconcerting is that the newly transplanted hair will all fall out over the course of the next few weeks. You had the hair and now it’s gone, you think. But it’s not. That’s simply the follicles reacting to the trauma of the harvesting and transplantation. Once the transplants calm down, they will enter the growth phase of the hair cycle and start growing hair. And this will be around 90% of the follicles. You should see new, real hair growth in a few months, but full hair growth can take from 6-12 months. Patience is a virtue in this case.
Interested in doing something about that thinning hair before areas become totally bald? Call Dr. Kearney at (858) 677-9352 and set up a consultation for NeoGraft hair transplantation.